Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Tax Credit?

I had to buy special shoes for work and they were somewhat expensive...can I use that as a tax deduction/credit?


Asked by shortleo at 12:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,508 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • if you itemize your deductions, as in file a Schedule A, then yes you may deduct them if your overall expenses toward your job is more than 2% of your income.

    I prepare taxes for a living so I'm not talking out my ass.

    Most people don't file a Schedule A because it doesn't get them the maximum return though.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • It wouldn't hurt to try

    Answer by mamaofficer at 12:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010