Has anyone used teething tablets?

Never even heard of them when I had my son 2 1/2 years ago. Friends have recommended them for my 4 mo. old daughter but Dr. said they are not necessary. Just curious as to how they worked for others.

KUmomma

Asked by KUmomma at 10:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My friend told me about them her son is 1yr older then mine. he liked them and they seemed to help the are herbal, and they dont have a bad taste plus they dissovle in their mouth very quickly. I liked them.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• they worked really good for my son and theyn dissolve so fast! i say try them, it wont hurt!
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They work pretty well for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I bought some, and used them once. After that I looked at the ingredients and they have a lactose base and my son has a milk allergy. :-( I used the Herbs for Kids a little bit and that worked. I don't use anything now.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The Hyland Teething Tablets didn't work at all for my son...... He did better w/the Baby Orajel... He got runny diapers form the tablets-and I only gave the recommended dosage and only once a day-at bedtime(because he wasn't sleeping well).... But, like I said, the Baby Orajel worked better for us, and they liked to chew on their Pacifiers when cutting teeth! Not sure what will happen w/our now 5mo. old-once she starts getting teeth! We shall have to wait and see-she doesn't like a pacifier so maybe she'll take a teething ring! Goodness knows I have several of those!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They worked well for my DD, unfortunately they contain unregulated amounts of Beledona, some tablets contain enough to cause an overdose. I strongly advise not taking the risk of using them. As with anything herbal remember they are not regulated by the FDA so be careful.
    TuckyDorrells

Answer by TuckyDorrells at 11:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• BTW I found out AFTER my DD had finished teething about the Beledona...

TuckyDorrells

Answer by TuckyDorrells at 11:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They work wonderfully for my son! And they only cost $3.79 for 125. He gets them at bedtime and it has helped him so much. For some reason, his mouth seems to hurt him the most during the night - I guess because he's just relaxed and not playing to distract himself. But they worked like a charm!
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 9:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008