Is it Wrong to read the Bible?

Is it wrong to read the Bible no matter what lanuage it is written in? If you get the same information? Isn't the Holy Bible the Bible, no matter what lanuage? Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Awww now that's so sweet of you.. .but apparently I'm the one who owes You the apology. No darlin, if you say you are not that kind of person, then I believe you and I should be / and am ashamed of the way I behaved. Can you forgive my haste?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• NO it's not wrong!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Of course it isn't wrong to read the Bible. There are many wonderful versions out there. If you don't like the King James Versions, there are several other versions that are not quite so complicated to read.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have found out that the KJV and NKJV are the most acurate.I was reading NIV for a while and noticed it was missing Matthew 17:21.I didn't like that.As fas as different lanuage I don't know.
    wifey2006

Answer by wifey2006 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Nothing wrong with reading the Bible that best helps you understand its content. I have NLV, KJV, NIV, Study Bible, Concordances, etc.... I use them all. I certainly hope the Bible is translated into different languages. Please tell me that someone isn't telling you that you have to read a certain translation?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• In regards to the NIV; I'm sure that was just a misprint....

My copy of my NRSV, that is published by Zondervan comes with Guarantee and I quote from my copy "A lifetime warranty applies to defects within the Bible--for example: missing or misplaced pages, chapters, or books. Please return the defective Bible to the original place of purchase for replacement or refund. If this not possible, please go to www.zondervan.com and click on "contact us"

Then again maybe not....I just went to biblegateway.com and went looking for Mat 17:21 in the NIV text and it was not there, but there for any other text I choose.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Someone says that the NWT is not accurate because it was written for the Jehovahs Witnesses. I find that hard to believe that it wouldn't be for everybody? Help me Pacemyself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• All I want is to learn the Bible and be able to understand it Pacemyself. Is that so wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The problem with the NWT is that several passages in it are not the "same" as passages from other translations. Not all translations are exactly the same, but the verses to match up to a point. Take example all the different version in regards to John 1:1 More next post.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They all pretty much say: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. See: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%201:1;&version=8;31;9;45;49;

However with the NWT John 1:1 reads "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was a god."

There is a big difference between "was God" (non-NWT) and "was a god" (NWT).

SAHMinIL