do they ever apologize?

has anyones ex ever apologized to you for cheating, leaving you for another woman or anything else they did to cause the divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Nope. Turns it around and blames me for "snooping"(and finding his stash of condoms in truck glove-box!) Oh, and he HAD to go out all the time to get away from "all the chaos around here." (It's called a "family,"get used to it or leave--he left.) He's even said he WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE. I "deseved it." That's his story and he's sticking to it. But that's my has-been. Your guy may just be rational. I don't know of many other cases where the man finally confessed and apologized and took "full responsibility" except for a couple of famous cases-Bill Clinton, who worked on his marraige with his wife and sought help for his own problems, and McCain, who has admitted he cheated on his first wife, took full responsibility for the break-up, but he did not stick around to work things out with his wife...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Nope... mine still turns it around on me.... and exactly what Anon said.... In his twisted mind I was in the wrong for snooping (after 20 years of marriage).... he even still says it's my fault that he don't contact the kids or was never there for them. Wow. But Karma does come back around don't she..... the woman my ex was pursuing, dumped him, well not even dumped, turned out she was never interested in him "that way" - but that didn't keep him from sending her more than 120 emails proclaiming his feelings for her and his desire to be a 'parent' to her little boy and throwing away his own sons at the chance of getting in her pants. Don't hold your breath if you're waiting for an apology. Which, I'm sure you're not.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yes, did not cheat but left me not really sure if i found out exactally why..but came back a few months later to tell me it was the dumbest thing he ever did. I will never give him a chance to hurt me like that again. I moved on.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Anonymous, your story makes me angry and I've never had situation like this! His arrogance is awful! Karma is a bitch, I hope you're there to see him get his.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• HELL NO. THEY LOOK AT IT AS WE ARE THE PROBLEM.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yes but was not specific about it. we know why, he said i was right all along but that was after he got remarried and now that i'm remarried i could careless. we get along for our kids.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008