The Bible: Fact or Fiction?

I found this article or online booklet very interesting. Its kinda long atleast reading it on my blackberry. I was just interest in what others thought :) http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/cgi-bin/tw/booklets/tw-bk.cgi?category=Booklets1&item=1167942458

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It's interesting.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• fact
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The old testament, definitely fiction. The oral tradition of a tribal society trying to explain the world (same as the Norse and Romans and every other society did) that was only written down in a time of bondage when they were afraid of losing their cultural identity, taking that as a fact, just doesn't make sense. It's a great guide book with some good points (and some horrible ones, sorry, wont be killing my disobedient child any time soon). The new testament, probably more historically accurate, but I still won't take their views on the world as 100% fact. Believe in Jesus, sure, but since no one can agree on ANYTHING about him (how many different denominations are there now, how many translations of the BIble) I'll just draw my own conclusions.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 1:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I read it, and in my opinion it's just more circular arguments of Christian apologetics. So it doesn't change my opinions of the Bible being a mixture of fact and myth.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2010