Any suggestions on weight loss? Something that works? LOL

Okay, this really pissed me off today w/ my husband. I am definately not the girl I was when he met me in a size 6, 129lbs. I have had 2 kids since then, my metabolism grinded to a hault, and it has been 6 yrs. Freaking A! Don't rub it in! He was watching a stupid show of his, I was catching glimpses and saw a girl wearing some Christian Louboutin shoes (very expensive, very awesome). Of course she had long legs and toothpick thin body with no baby bulge or whatever. But I said I wanted those shoes. My freaking husband (insert cuss word) says that if I got a body like that he would by them for me trying to be sarcastic! What a donkey! He says he didn't mean it and put his foot in his mouth but geez. I don't care how sorry you are. That hurt! I am touchy about my weight when all I hear from drs is lose 40 lbs. I mean I am sorry to say I mean I am sorry to say I am 175lbs and a size 14. It is like trying to find Atlantis.

CMDsmom0509

Asked by CMDsmom0509 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Bump
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ok does he weigh the same and did he carry a child??
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm sorry hun, what a bonehead thing to say.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• diets dont work. eating healthy and working out.. find something fun at the gym... like i love to swim and roll with it till there are no rolls left. unfortunately i just dropped my membership because i am pregnant and i have no desire to move most of the time.... i went from 189 to 182 so far.. i am so sick all the time i just dont care.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The sad thing is, he does weigh the same, just not in the same proportions, like muscle to fat mass. LOL Plus, I am never going to get back into a size six with these hips! They don't lie! LOL
    CMDsmom0509

Comment by CMDsmom0509 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I bumped this firstly to help get it upo there- it's a good question. Myself, I am TRYING to cut down on dr peppers, and have gone to coffee (still getting sugar but at least its not high fructose corn syrup.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am so sorry for your husband remarks. I don't think some people realize how touchy we can be. The best method I have tried for weight loss (don't use me for example lol) is low carb. Healthy eating, lots of veggies, lean meats and fruit and of course exercise and drink plenty of water.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• See, there is another problem. Getting to a gym. I live in the boonies. Nearest gym is 45 minutes away. Hopefully, going back to school will help. See, I lost 10 lbs back in January but plateaued and lost the will to continue. Plus, it is kinda hard when you live with a beanpole who can eat anything he wants and is never satisfied with smaller portions. I feed two people with him!
    CMDsmom0509

Comment by CMDsmom0509 (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No, I'll never go back either, I mean motherhood did change my body. Period, and I am ok with that but would like to lose some. To have more energy and to look a little more tone. But it would have hurt my feelings too. I normally change the channel on those commercials, for my kids and husband's sake (and mine- I don't need to compare to that!)_
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Im 216 & (highest at 225) have been trying to lose weight forever. Really we all know what to do move more, eat less & when we eat eat healthy.. BUT its SO HARD!! So do what you can. Make changes were you can.
    1. I cut out soda & drink water/ regular tea 2. Walk more - walk around with the kids outside more, when going to the store park at the back. 3. Get off the white bread! Switch to whole wheat! I PROMISE it gets better (i use to only eat white bread, now white bread is so gross it sticks to my teeth & i feel like im eating soopy sweet dough!) 4. Veggies & Fruits! Every meal! Try to have as many diffrent colors you can in a day! If your plate lacks color something is wrong! (usually a sign of over processed foods!).. Premake salads- Make a HUGE bowl of salad & keep it in your fridge. make a fruit salad. snack on carrots/celery.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2010