Our schedule is not good...any suggestions?

Ok, here's the 411:

My 2 year old wakes up around 8am, we eat breakfast, then hang around the house until naptime (11am).

She and I nap and wake up anywhere between 1 and 1:30pm. By the time we get up, change her diaper, get dressed, etc, it's almost 2pm.

We have lunch together, then I straighten up the house a bit. By this time it's going on 2:30pm-2:45pm (sometimes 3pm).

I try to take her out, but then we have to be back by 5pm because that's when she has dinner. Bath is at 6:20pm, and bedtime is at 7pm.

It just seems like we don't have enough time in the afternoons to do any really fun activities (like going to the zoo, for example). I don't have a car, so we have to take the bus. I feel like we're ALWAYS rushing out the door to catch the bus.

Do you have any suggestions on our schedule, to make more time for outings (and errands)? I feel like we don't much time to do anything... :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe you could stretch the morning out a little bit so her nap is a little later. My 20 month old goes down for his nap at 1 (lunch is at 12-12:30) and sleeps until 3-4. It took a while to get him to be able to last until 1, but now it gives us the entire morning to run errands, go to the playground, have playdates, etc. Try moving her nap later by 15 minute increments each day?

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maby you should try wakeing up around 630am or 7am eating break fast after that get u an her ready for the day try picking up the house after that also try to make it an activity with her to clean up put her down for her nap around 1030 am then have her wake up at 12 have lunch then take her out for the day an try haven dinner around 6pm then bath time after an then down for the night around 8-9 an then u pick up house so u have less to do the next day.... thats usually what I do for me an my children
    arielmarie394

Answer by arielmarie394 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I Agree
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2010