did u let ur baby cry herself to sleep at 3months old?

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• absolutely not.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That would be cruel.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No way!!!

Babies need nourishing, not rejection. CIO is acceptable for older babies, but under a year I think it is cruel.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't let any kids cry themselves to sleep without me comforting them. Wether it's a hand on the back or softly rocking them or nursing them to calm them down I do. Research has shown that when infants cry really hard for an extended period of time they start to receive less oxygen to the brain making it even harder for them to calm themselves. It's impossible to spoil a baby under 6 months old. Let me say that again, it is IMPOSSIBLE to spoil a baby under 6 months of age. They have to know they have a secure and caring world otherwise they will have social issues when they get older and have a harder time controling their reactions to their emotions. Comfort, soothe, whatever, just don't leave your child alone to cry it out. They stop crying when they realize no one cares enough to help them.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I may have sounded harsh but I wanted to give you a link to at least one research article that shows crying in infants is bad:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11923998
    It's just the abstract, I couldn't find one with the full journal article, but it gives the effects of crying at the end. I feel passionately about this, not trying to make you feel bad, just educate.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope. They cry for a reason...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope..
    DD was just 3yo the first time I told her she was going to lay in her bed & take a nap by herself. She cried a little then, the next day was better... IDK what happened but I guess I missed putting her to sleep, or got tired of her napping became more a chance than a sure thing, so i started laying her down again.. lol.. (sometimes she would lay in there, eyes open for more than 1hr... and i really want her asleep, resting-- not just out of my hair!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No, definitely not (ever).
    Why is the baby crying?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

•  

CIO: harvard study

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• not my 2 boys and not my 4 month old grand son when I stayed with him for 4 days, but then they went to sleep pretty easily at that age
    jcsafc51

Answer by jcsafc51 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2010