Does anyone use a diaphram?

I've never used one, but thinking about trying it. Mainly because condoms have become very annoying to say the least. (Use your imagination as to why everything is negative about them) I don't want to use hormones so I'm thinking about a diaphram because don't want to use an IUD and risk getting pregnant with one in. I just wanted to hear what women have to say that have used one, pros and cons. I know you have to be fitted for one at the drs, does that hurt by the way?! And I want to know how eay it is to insert, how long prior you have to put it in, etc. Also, have any of you gotten preggers anyways while using it? Does insurance usually pay for it? If not, how much did it cost? Can you feel it in during intercourse? Did your partner feel it? How often, if ever, do you have to be refitted for one? What's the difference between it and the Sponge? Any advice is helpful, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• I use mine to breathe!! LOL! Sorry, that was bad. I am tired! Yes, I have tried it. Yes, I liked it. I've never used a sponge, so I can't compare. I have used Insteads, which are a menstral cup. It's very similar to that. The guy cannot feel is generally if it's in the right spot.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

•  I know you have to be fitted for one at the drs, does that hurt by the way?!    No, not at all.

And I want to know how eay it is to insert, how long prior you have to put it in, etc.  It takes a little bit of practice, but it is very easy to insert.  You can insert it immediately before sex and must leave it in for at least 6 hours afterwards.

Also, have any of you gotten preggers anyways while using it?  No.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

•  Does insurance usually pay for it? If not, how much did it cost?   I have no idea, I have universal health care so it didn't cost anything.

Can you feel it in during intercourse?  It's like a tampon, if it is inserted properly you don't feel it.

Did your partner feel it?   Yes but in a good way.  It actually provided some extra stimulation for him.

How often, if ever, do you have to be refitted for one?   It's been a few years since I've had one but if I remember correctly, you need to be re-fitted if you have significant weight loss or gain.

What's the difference between it and the Sponge?  I've never used the sponge so I don't know.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2010