My SO just started his new joband this morning was late because

of the alarm. We dont use an alarm clock because we dont hear it go off or we'll shut it off and wont get up so last night he set my cell phone bacause his was almost dead. well at 2 am since he set my phone i thought his phone was fine to take down stairs with me while i fed our daughter because she always takes a little half hour nap and the eats the rest so i dont see the point in goin upstairs til shes done. well i accidently left his phone on the table. then this mornin he was late and yelled at me bacause apparently he set his phone too and i didnt know so wen my phone didnt wake him up his phone was supposed too. but since his phone was down stairs it didnt. i feel horrible because he was late and blames me but at the same time his phone could of died and not wakin him up either right? should i care that he's mad or blow it off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Just move the alarm clock to the other side of the room so that the only way to shut it off is to actually get up out of bed...then you don't have to worry about cell phones locations and/or if they are going to die.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Also get one of those alarm clocks that change the pitch of the sound....ours when it first goes off is barely audible...but the longer it goes of the LOUDER it gets.... At's loudest it's twice as loud as those other ones that don't change the volume of the alarms.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• These are such small things to get worked up over. Try to remind him and yourself that you are lucky to have one another and how bad you would feel if one of you got a call telling you the other had died or been in a terrible accident, then how would you feel knowing that your last words to one another were mean and over something so stupid.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think maybe he needs to take some responsibility for being late. My DH is a heavy sleeper and I have always had to wake him up. Some times I'm exhausted (older son sometimes doesn't go to sleep until the wee hours of the morning or the baby wants to wake up more at night) and I just don't hear the alarm and I always find myself apologizing for his not getting up. But he's a grown man (we're over 35) and thinking about this it really is HIS responisbility to get up. The phone was probably an excuse to blame someone else other than himself for not getting up. I know when I'm having a bad morning I storm around and fuss, I wouldn't bring it up if he doesn't.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• He's a big boy and should take responsibility for getting his butt out of bed to his new job. You are not his mom.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• your not his mom. he need to wake up and make sure he wakes up in time.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 12:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• There is this alarm clock out right now that when the alarm goes off, this little helicopter attachment goes flying off and gives off this deafaning sound until you get up and find it and shut it off. I don't remember what it is called...but my brother had one because he had that problem too. Maybe something like that could help him?
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• let it go. he was mad and i don't blame him although it was not your fault but being late to a new job doesn't look good either. he was just freaking out. let it go. i'm sure that you would of acted the same way. if you don't let it go then your not picking your battles very good.you can really damage a relationship by nit picking at every thing he does wrong. men don't like that. they hate nagging so let it go. unless you want another thing for him to put in head about how you never let things go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008