Why is it so offensive?

I just read that 57% of Americans get offend when women breastfeed in public. WTF? I seriously don't get it. Can anyone explain what is so offensive about a mother feeding her baby?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 2:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• dullscissors, i totally agree with you. i think it is totally sweet to see a momma feeding her baby. i still breats feed my baby and i do not even care who is around. i will breast feed ANYWHERE. if my child is hungry and crying, she is getting her "momma milk". i personaly think it is offensive to be asked to go hide, to feed my child. i dont ask anyone to go eat in a room or bathroom!

BREASTFEEDING MOMMA'S UNITE! LOL
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I guess if my kid is hungry i dont give a flying f!@# about any1s opinion...honest answer...and if ur mans looking at me feed my child, that sounds like a marital/creeper issue
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• whoever thinks of breastfeeding as something sexual is ridiculous. breasts were made to feed our children. not JUST to be fondled and played with by men.

US thinks of breasts as something sexual.
    if your man is watching my nurse and feed my child... thats your guys' issue that he is checking out or tyring to check out my boobies.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• beats the heck outta me!! i'd rather watch (not like a perv) a bf-ing momma do her thang, than see two adults liplocked, making out like crazy. heck, i'd rather watch two dogs go at it, than two humans..in public, that is.

ok...now that just made me seem weird. lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well, you have to figure half of those people were men, who are just upset because there is a boob out in public and it's not there for them! The rest, are still brainwashed in to believing that the human body is something to be hidden behind closed doors because it's sexual and dirty... Honestly though... As a Pagan, Non-Vaxing, Breast Feeding mother, I've gotten used to being in the minority, and really don't care! I would rather be in the minority doing what is best for their child, than in the majority living a miserable judgmental life!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The chance of a nipple and the fact that breasts are unfortunately over sexualized in our society.

I never breastfed in public out of respect for those that it bothered. I mean I get that it's natural but for me I can be just as natural in privacy without offending others. Not to mention the creepers!
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I do not get offended i think if people would spend more time taking care of their own business we would see less offended people. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't know.  I'm British and Europeans don't seem to be as uptight about nudity.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I love seeing mommys in public nursing.. always want to cheer them on!
    As for "i dont want my man to see your boobs" that is your problem with HIM ... NOT ME! And go ahead & lock him up at home because there are some revealing tops out there.- these woman are trying to get attention. they want to show off their goods. I just want what is best for my baby.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• a lot of women don't like their men to be able to see another womans breast, I see this posted on CM a lot.

I remember in Berkeley, California, about 40min from me I went to support the law to let women bare breast in public to feed their child/baby, and over 1000 women showed up to breastfeed their babies in public, people from all over, and not only that...lol

but women just walked around topless, saggy boobs and all, no offense to sagging, i have some myself, and they were allowed to because they were about to feed their kid, but I think they were just trying to prove a point. :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2010