Need more protein but doesn't like table food

MY SON IS 10 MONTHS OLD AND THE DOCTOR SAID HE NEEDS MORE PROTEIN. TO STOP FEEDING HIM BABY FOOD AND ONLY GIVE HIM TABLE FOOD. HE DOESN'T SEEM TO REALLY LIKE ANYTHING I GIVE HIM. PLUS HE WANTS TO FEED HIMSELD AND I DON'T THINK HE IS ETTING ENOUGH FOOD IN HIS MOUTH TO GET HIM FULL. SO I AM STILL TRYING TABLE FOODS AND AFTER GIVE HIM BABY FOOD TO TOP HIM OFF.

momma-meg

Asked by momma-meg at 10:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could put some table food in the blender to soften so it's more like baby food, but has the protein.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Do what the pp stated and possibly try those protien shakes that are in the Baby/Toddler section? I'm not sure if they are for babies under a year though-so check w/the label and your Dr. on that first!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I got a fresh food feeder for $3 at walmard. you can put fruits, veggies, and mets in it and they can chew on it and it makes the food squish out the netting it's coontained in. It's still messy, but it will help get more food in the mouth and he gets to hold it. That's how I started my son getting used to the taste of table foods safely. Now I cut things up in small pieces and put them about 3 pieces at a time onhis tray and spred them out so he has to pick them up one at a time. Other wise he tries to shove handfulls in his mouth and drops more than he gets in his mouth. Oh and we got the bibs with the pocket so I can just pull out what he droped and put it back on his tray. Good luck.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008