when should I be feeling the baby move I'm 9 weeks???

After I got finished eating last night about 30 minutes later I started feeling very light bubbles here and there with no gas behind it. Is that my baby moving around. I didn't feel my first baby move for quite some time. This would make my second pregnancy. It feels completely different. I'm not sick like I was with my first. My stomach has gotten bigger it's really trying to poke out there and I didn't show with my first till I was close to five months. They feel like light bubbles. I can barely feel them and the main time I feel them is when I sitting and my belly is relax it's just so faint feeling. Then when I go to bed and sleep on my side it's nothing but cramping gas pains can anyone maybe explain this to me??

MrsMorton080508

Asked by MrsMorton080508 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Normally between 18 and 24 weeks BUT since this is your 2nd preg. then you may feel movement sooner.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree with the 1st answer.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 11:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• With is being your 2nd pregnancy, you do start to feel things and show sooner. But im not sure if you can feel the baby at 9 weeks. It may have just been gas bubbles. I heard that you most likely wont feel anything before 12 weeks.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It's impossible to feel your baby at nine weeks. Your baby is WAY too small, it's not even five inches long yet. It would be more plausible to say that you could feel it around 14 weeks since this is your second, but definitely not at nine weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Fetal movement normally starts between the 14th and 26th week of pregnancy, but generally is closer to the average of 18th and 22nd weeks. Variations on that average are common. A mother that may have had a baby before is more likely to recognize movement earlier because they know what to look for as well as the more babies you have the laxer you uterus muscles are and it makes it easier to feel movement sooner. There is a possibility that you could feel you baby move at 9 weeks but it is more likely that it is in your bowels because when your pregnant your bowels become slower which is what causes a woman to become constipated, it cause also cause gas bubbles in your bowels, which is what you may be feeling instead of movement. I myself have three children and I am 18 weeks pregnant with my 4th, and I have not found movement at that earily in pregnancy, my movement that I felt was always around 16 to 18 weeks.

Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i felt mine about almost being 16 weeks
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• That is what I thought was going on with my first pregnancy -- light bubbles -- but I was 5 mos. With my second pregnancy - twins - I was 5 and half months before I felt anything.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008