HELP!! My son used to go to bed at 9pm, and be out the whole night, since he has been teething, he uses 9pm as a nap time and stay up Sooo late...

Do I let him play out the energy?
what to do?

I gave him Ibuprofen for the pain because he was just being hysterical, but since then he took an hour "nap" that should have been bedtime, its now 11:46p and he's still UP

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And try the orajel, i liked the swabs, it is a topical that will numb his teething area w/out over medicating him or cause an accidental nap
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Do the same thing you did when he was an infant and got the time confused. Keep the lights low and volume down, don't play with him and keep telling him that it's bed time. Depending on his age and ability I would suggest leaving him in his crib (if you have a baby monitor or can hear) and going in another room. Honestly, I coslept, so I never really had this problem, if Dd wouldn't sleep, then she'd be in between Dh and I and I didn't have to worry about her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010