i just colored my own hair.. and no matter what i seem to do. my roots end up light or red compared to rest of my hair

last time i used feria brown.. and it did the same thing my roots were alot lighter then rest of my hair..my goal is to have nice brown blended in .. tongiht i used revlon lumista and my roots turned red.. the rest a ok brown.
my question is how long can a wait to try to color it again... and when i try to fix it .. mybe just color the red roots brown... for some reason i think no matter what brown i pick.. the under tone is red... how do pick a color with no red tone

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• well since u have previous hair dye on the rest the roots will always be a dif color unless u use the same color every time, i wouldent mess with it for about 6 weeks box dye will dry it out
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• call a salon and ask. I have reddish hair and I use ash brown to cover it. The purple base works for me. I've called the salon and asked hair dye questions before. They are usualy pretty nice to give advice.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is from the heat of your scalp,, the next time you try to color it do only the roots! It is really bad for your hair to re-color all over each time, the drugstore brands of color have a really high ammonia content, I would suggest going to a beauty school and having it fixed,, it isn't much more than the cost of at home haircolor, you probably need a semi-permanent color to tone down the red roots, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have brown hair with a lot of red undertones in it, so I always use an ash brown. Light ash brown for summer and dark for winter. Works great for me.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010