I am going to be traveling just over 1500 miles tomorrow with my 12 week old son. And I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to make this go smoothly.

Asked by HuntersMom4908 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't rush. Take lots of breaks. The good thing is, he will probably sleep most of the way.

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• if u bottle feed, I suggest jogs of nursery water, you never know what the water system is like in places you stop. and it is convenient having the jogs there because you can quickly make a bottle in the car. baby will sleep most of the way luckily. Take lots of rest stops to get baby out so he can stretch. Stop a few times for 15-30 minutes just so you can walk around with him and get him out of the carseat.

Answer by trentntats at 11:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I am from michigan and i had to drive to New York. H was only a month old then. He did way better than i thought he would. We took lots of breaks though just to make sure he was doing good with the long trip. Let him out to stretch a bit, made sure he was changed and fed. But all in all, he did perfectly.

Answer by chy821 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Give the baby pacifiers and bottles during the flight. Keeps their ears from popping, which is very painful for them.

Answer by ToldUNo at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• make sure to keep him wrapped up but not hot, because if you let the wind get on him he'll become colic, and when i had my baby out in the wind he got colic and just was crying at the top of his lungs, also make sure to keep germ x around and be careful when around others because babies can get sick very easily and take my word it isn't very pretty.

Answer by mimig17 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2008