i'm torn between my older brother and older sister...

i get along with both of them perfectly fine...but they dont get along with each other at all!!! and the thing is...my brother and his wife are expecting their first child christmas day..(theyve been together for 15 years, married for 6yrs) they are both 34yrs old..none of us ever thought they would have kids..but now they are YAY!! and we are all so excited..except...my brother has NOT told our sister...and has asked us to not tell her!!! well, now my sister is here visiting (she lives 9 hrs away) and my brother and his wife are comin over on friday to show us a picture from the ultrasound..and to tell my sister the news...but i know my sister is gonna be soooooo mad/hurt that everyone knew, but her...i want to tell her!!! sooo bad!!! i know its not my place..but i also know that if i was her, id be pissed!! do i tell her?? or wait and deal with it all afterwards??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I just have ti say how juvinlie can this be. I know that's what happens in families but this is what I would do I'd stay out of it and if your sister asks tell her you do not want to get in the middle of something between them and you will not be their excape goat. They need to deal with this as adults. How dare they put you in the middle of their problems. Congrats on becoming an aunt!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think you should tell your brother that your going to pretend like you didn't know either.... It's their news to tell so let them do it. Maybe they wanted to do it in person!
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 3:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can't tell her. Your brother has specifically asked you not to. If you do then he's gonna be pissed @ you. Their relationship is between the 2 of them. Stay out of it. If she gets mad @ you tell her that you were sworn to secrecy & couldn't. If she's still mad @ you after that then there's more going on. Not your place to tell, I'd be pissed!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If you tell her now, that's still not that much earlier than friday when you think about it. She'll still be mad that you didn't tell her sooner, and he'll be mad that you told her. Just let them handle it their own way... it's about time they learn to be adults.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 7:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope dont do it! i have this same problem with mine, u will end up being brought in the middle and them being mad at u, plus loose your brothers trust!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think you should just stay out of it. I just went thur not speaking to my only older sister for almost 6 years and she and I had children in that time period. Some things are just better left unsaid and maybe this is your brothers and sister-in-laws way of bring everyone back together again. It is amazing what a new baby can do to a family my DD brought all of us together again. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Tell your brother that you don't want to be forced to take sides, and you don't appreciate being forced to keep secrets from your sister. What's between them is their problem, and not yours, and it is not fair of either of them to make you a part of their disputes. Tell him that either you will tell her, or he will, and it's his choice who it will be, but you will take no part in deception.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's not your business to tell. I think you should let your brother and his wife tell her. I had someone tell my news to family members that I wanted to tell myself! Just wait until they tell her.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010