do any of you take medications to help you sleep?

i have to take ambian. with out it i will not ever sleep! do any of you other momma's take meds to help you sleep?

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 3:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• no, but I do get on the treadmill or clean the house if I can't sleep. I actually don't sleep that much and I am super hyper :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ohhh, I would love to have some medication to make me sleep, I have a huge insomnia problem. They put me on Ambien for it, the third day on it....ha ha, I started hallucinating. I only remember bits and pieces, but I made my husband drag our mattress to the living room floor because I was convinced there was an alien in the closet. Then once we laid down, I for some reason laid with my head at the foot end of the mattress and I distinctly remember this part...I started seeing a colorful (like rainbow colored) HUGE worm come out of the ceiling. I kept asking my husband if he seen that and I was reaching up and trying to touch it. At this point I was ok and grinning about my neat little trip! Then all of a sudden this woman holding a baby popped out and kept motioning for me to follow her, but never would say anything (I swear it was so real!)...well, she kept getting closer to my face and I literally started freaking out..and..
    Mom22LilAngels

Answer by Mom22LilAngels at 3:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I freaked my husband out. I ran out the front door half naked and screaming like an idiot! Well, I refused to go back into the house until the meds wore off, so I slept on the front lawn and husband kept the door open incase I started hallucinating again!! We so laugh about it now!
    Mom22LilAngels

Answer by Mom22LilAngels at 3:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• this is very common! you have to go to sleep right when you take it. same things happen to me, i just have to go to sleep right away. your story is awesome!! i am glad to know that i am not alone!
    Preggydyke

Comment by Preggydyke (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• lol, Wait, are you meaning not alone on the hallucinations? I talked to my doctor about it and they took me off of them. (though i do have some left over) Forgive me, it's 4 a.m. and I'm a bit slow!!
    Mom22LilAngels

Answer by Mom22LilAngels at 4:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No but I do not sleep much either.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• no,In fact my 8 month old son makes me keep waking in the night.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Believe it or not but calcium makes me very drowsy so I take it at bedtime and it really helps me fall asleep.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I take remeron, no freakiness. It does make me dream , but not bad dreams. It lets me be able to get up and care for my Gr-son and still go back to bed with no problems.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I used to use ambien. I liked it, I slept really good. Until one night I talked to my husband on the phone. He was on a trip. I never remembered that conversation. I figured out that he must have called because the phone was next to me in the bed. So I stopped taking it.
    Now I use benedry my dr. said it works to make me sleepy. I also have allergies too so it helps with that. I remember stuff and I sleep through the night. One problem now I snore! I D K if it is the meds or just me. LOL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010