What r u to do when u dont care too much for the Mother-in-Law and on top of that u r preggo with her first grand???

she is catty, a liar and super fake, and she treats her kids with favortism which is the worst to me!!! HELP PLEASE i would hate for the fiance to know i dont care to much for his mom but i just dont she does not care about u until u r doing something for her...she is bossy, and i just dont care too much for her. this is bad but i cant help it!!! what should i do???

ladycook

Asked by ladycook at 3:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just ignore her and live your life. I also have a mother in law from hell. LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• lol that makes perfect sense but she lives with us until her theiving husband gets out of PRISON and she said she will get depressed being alone...im gonna have to do better with ignoring her.
    ladycook

Comment by ladycook (original poster) at 4:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I did too... (she pasted away) She was really mean to me and thought I wasn't good enough for her son. I know it's not good to speak ill of the dead but if you met her you would understand, she tried so much to ruin MY wedding, That my parents paid for! Any who I think you should just let him know slightly how you feel that way it doesn't come as a total shock when you absolutely refuse to involve her in as much as she wants to be involved in (ex: delivery room) And trust me girl she is going to be all over that baby! Just know you have the power, you have her boy and your going to have that baby... you get to set the mood. She won't like it but she will get used to it real fast! Kill her with kindness.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 4:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• omg u just made me feel so much better and i am gona have a talk with him as soon as he gets home from work...thank u soooo much this is the best answer so far!!!!!
    ladycook

Comment by ladycook (original poster) at 4:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Your welcome! I don't have any regrets w/ the way I handled things... She was mean and I tried so hard I just couldn't take it so I got on her level, Sad I know. But a 50+ year old women shouldn't play with fire, thats how you get burned.. LoL!
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 4:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with topgun.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• OK --- LET ME JUST SAY OPINIONS ARE LIKE BUTTHOLES ---- EVERY ONE HAS ONE! MOTHERINLAWS USUALLY HAVE SEVERAL!! OPINIONS THAT IS !! LET HER HAVE HERS ( IDID NOT SAY U HAD TO LISTEN ) U DO WHAT U FEEL IS BEST FOR YOUR FAM (U, HUBBY, AND BABE) DONT LET HER PUSH U IF SHE SEES SHE CAN DO IT SHE WILL DO IT... I WAS SOOO BLESSED TO GET A GREAT ONE BUT I UNDERSTAND B/C MY HUSBANDS PARENTS R DIVORCED SO HE HAS A STEP MOM WHOS BEEN IN HIS LIFE SINCE LIKE 1989 SO SHE IS PART NANA AND MOM IN LAW TO KIDS AND ME TRUST ME SHES DEFINATELY FROM HELL.... FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS..U WILL GET IT RIGHT .. BUT I THINK YOU MAY NEED TO ATLEAST DISCUSS IT WITH YOUR HUSBAND I AM SURE IT WONT BE A TOTAL SHOCKER...... :)
    jjpnelson

Answer by jjpnelson at 4:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My MIL isn't a fake or a liar, but she is over-bearing. She loves to take over and is VERY opinionated. Which is why I am glad two years ago she decided on a whim to leave the state of Georgia and move to Hawaii. Talk to DF what harm could it do. I am certain if she plays favoritism within her own children, he knows how petty of a woman she is. Good luck and congrats on the bundle.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 4:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I like my hubbys mom but i can honestly say she is fake and manipulates any situation possible. she uses her children and imhaving her first grandson and her first born's son. so she is ready to swoop in but i dont like the way she raises her daughter and her oldest grand daughter and the other mothers of her other 2 grand children she talk botu like dogs i know she likes me but i think if she talk bout them to me then she'll talk bout me to them so... ANd she says whatever she feels when ever she feels and is never wrong so IMO i just try to stay away when she gt like that and since you cant b/c yall live in the same house i would let Hubby know how you feel mayb he can gt mom to back off
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't have a PITA MIL, I have a PITA mother. I like what jjpnelson said about opinions being like buttholes, everyone has one. It took me a long time, but when my mom swoops in and goes off on one of her tirades, I just smile and say, OK, but I KNOW I do not have to do what she is talking about. It takes a while to be firm, but you will get the hang of it and so will she. I just hope your SO is on board with everything, if not, it could get difficult fast.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010