what do i do if my son wont sleep in his bed?

i bought him a 400 dollar bed and i put him in it and he wakes up and starts screaming what do i do?

caedens-mommy08

Asked by caedens-mommy08 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he go to sleep in his bed? If not I'm betting that's the problem. The best advice I ever got was to teach the baby to like to go to sleep in his bed. Think of it this way, if you went to sleep in your bed (your favorite place to sleep) and woke up on the couch, you would most likely not be happy. The same is for a baby. if your arms become the favorite place to go to sleep, then they can't go back to slepp when they wake up somewhere else. i don't have room to write it all but I have a journal post on my page of how I got my son to start falling alseep in his bed with out just letting him cry it out.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You go in, you check on him, you make sure he is ok--feed or change him as necessary, and then you leave the room.

At some point in time, your child needs to learn that night time is sleep time...its alot easier to do it now than it is later.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 11:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2008