question?

For people with thyroid problems..
How long did it take the doctor to find out whats wrong with you?
my TSH came back 0.10 which is 2 low.. Then done 2 blood test to get that. Now they want to put me on a low iodine diet for 2 weeks then i have to go take this other test.. is this normal to have to do all these test to know whats wrong? i mean im having all the signs of overactive thyroid.. They have not put me on meds or nothing and this has been going on for almost 2months.. ..
how long did it take you to know? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• I don't have a thyroid issue, but a co-worker of mine was diagnosed with overactive thyroid - it took almost a year of testing to figure it out, and she has to constantly go back to the doc (like every month) in order to have it re-checked. My MIL has underactive thyroid but her sister has overactive thyroid - I don't think either of them is under a doc's care anymore since the initial testing about five years ago. good luck!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had thyroiditis after my first born. My thyroid was overactive and there was nothing really they could do but watch the numbers I didn't straighten out for about 6 months (on its own). I think they just want to watch you to see which way your thyroids going and if it will clear up on its own. Good luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010