insurance/family problems/my pregnancy

Im going to be 19 and my daughter will be over two when this babys born, anyone have any advice on changing insurance to a different address because i cant tell my parents until i move out in 2 almost 3 months because i graduate? and do i have to switch everything or can it just be the pregnancy insurance bills? and any ideas of when i should tell my grandparents and how? thanks..

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• I assume it's your insurance policy that's covering you? If so, you just call them up and change billing addresses. If it is not your policy then you can't do anything about it.

I would tell your family now. Just come right out and say it. Is it really going to make a difference in their reaction whether you live there or not? I think you might find they will be very supportive after all. May take a few weeks to cope with the news but in the end they will all be okay.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Agree with the above poster. Tell your family now, their reaction is not going to be any different, aside from the fact that they will be more hurt that you did not tell them sooner (that includes your grandparents - What I did when I told mine was I asked them how they would like to be Great-Grandparents)
    As far as the insurance is concerned, the PP is correct, you can not do anything if it is not YOUR insurance, that is to say, if you are covered under your parents insurance. If you are THAT terribly concerned about it, you can go and get your own Medi-Cal that will cover the pregnancy costs.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Get a post office box and have all your mail sent there now, that way there will be less to do when you're actually moving. Tell everyone right after you graduate unless the baby is coming first. If the baby comes first tell them when you start to show, it will seem inevitable and alot of the crap you'll get will be shortened. Good luck on starting your life.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008