Common or Uncommon? adult content

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing frequent nose bleeds...I have had 4 nose bleeds between last night and this morning...is this something that is common in pregnancy or should I be calling my doctor...this is my first pregnancy and I was not sure on what I should do. I did not want to nag the doctor for something that was not urgent.

Thank you in advanced for your advice ladies it is very much appreciated.

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• o wait make that 5
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it is common, as is bleeding gums. there is more blood in your body now. you could try using saline spray in the morning and at night to moisturize your nasal passages, making it less likely to bleed
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• its common, but i would give the dr a heads up anyways.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• common...mention it on your next appt. just so the dr. knows.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would mention it at your next appt.
    M3momma

Answer by M3momma at 8:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• common. Try some vitamin C. A vit. C defficiency can cause nose bleeds and being preggo, your body runs short on it's normal level of nutrients.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank you ladies I appreciate all of you advice it has been very useful
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• this is very common for me too. i have nose bleeds when im not prego, so when i am i get like 2-6 a day, but they arent like gushers just about a min or two long. and every morning when i wake up i have a bloody nose. my docs say its normal for some as long as its not a lot of blood!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes, I have read that it's common. I had a gusher of a nose bleed while pregnant with my first child. Thank goodness I knew it was common or I would've freaked because my nose had never bled before. Luckily, I only had that one bad nose bleed. Didn't have that happen with my second child. If it keeps happening, I'd ask the doctor if there's anything you can do to help........
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010