Would you let your so go to an over nite bachelor party?

My bf wants to go to a bachelor party for almost a full 24 hr period! I was leary about it even being over nite but they decided to stay at a camp ground over nite rather than a hotel so I figured I should loosen up a bit....but now they want the bachleor party to last 24 hrs. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know many husbands who would WANT to go to a 24 hour party.
    Maybe someone's SO would. Boyfriends have no real ties...they are still "free agents" and they take advantage of that.
    Husbands usually would rather be home with the wife and kids. It isn't even a matter of "trust". It is just that usually married men are grown ups.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If they're going to be drinking a lot, it's probably best for every driver in the area if everyone at the party sleeps there. Do you have a good reason to be insecure about it?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Let has nothing to do with it. i dont own my husband. i also trust him 110% so if he even wanted to attend something like this, no matter for how long, as long as it didnt interfer with work or our lives, i would not mind one bit. i would tell him go off and have fun with tthe boys and oggling any strippers.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I trust my hubby so I'd have no problem w/ it. If you have trust issues then nope I wouldn't cuz no matter what really happens you're always gonna wonder.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• like swasson said..... it's better for him to stay than drive drunk. they're staying at a campground..... not a brothel lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Do you trust your bf? that is the question, otherwise there shouldnt be a problem.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My husband wouldn't ask. He's had friends who wanted to do a "guys trip" before and he always says he'd rather sleep with me at home.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Bachelor/Bachelorette parties have gotten out of control lately! It should be one night out and that's it. I know of SO many people who are doing 2, 3, 4 day trips for their bachelor/bachelorette.

Anywho, that's my rant about that. But regardless, if it's just one night and every one is going to be drinking (and probably shouldn't be driving), I would be OK with my DH spending the night somewhere. Especially a campground, what's the worst that can happen? If you trust your BF and have no reason to worry, than I would let it go and let him have fun ;-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My husband would never even consider going to such an event, so the fact that your boyfriend wants to go is a red flag. If he chooses to go, do you have the power to stop him? I seriously doubt it, so I think it's a moot point. You can tell him you would prefer he not go, but in the end, he will do what he wants. After all, you are his girlfriend, and not his mother. I think this should alert you to the fact that this guy has character issues and is probably not a good choice to be considered life-time commitment material. Men who are interested in settling down with one woman are not still interested in staying out all night doing who knows what with a bunch of other guys. This is a huge red flag if you are considering a lifetime with him. I would tell him to go right ahead and go and that I would be looking for a guy who is ready to be a one-woman man. One of those found me 50 years ago, and it has been wonderful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ehh..i wouldnt tell him he couldnt go..but i would ask him to come home at a decent time.
    GrippyBits2

Answer by GrippyBits2 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010