what should u do when someone hacks your email?

my yahoo account got hacked into and apparently they sent everyone on my contact list a email about viagra of all things. i changed my password and notified everyone that i had been hacked, etc. is that good enough? or should i do something else? i made my password more complex too. i am really bummed that they deleted all of my sent folder. i had some pictures in there that i was saving :(

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what you should do is make your password very complex. Use two upper case, the rest lower case, two numbers and two forms of punctuation. Also...try to change your password every 150 days.
    GrippyBits2

Answer by GrippyBits2 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Good enough
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• wait! did you have any sensitive info in your email? Bank info, passwords to different accounts? also run a virus scan, they probably hacked your hard drive too! change all your passwords.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• should be good enough. someties these hacker bots, this one is going around like wildfire might i add, dont realy hijack your real account. they just make it look like its coming from you. its weird i dont understand how they do it. mine send porn links. SIGH
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• OMG! The same thing happened to me several days ago. The only difference is they sent out spam for insurance and crap. I ended up having to dleete my whole email account because i was told they could hack it again even with a new password. I'm not saying you should do that, that's just what i did because i had two accounts. It just made me so mad. They deleted my stuff too. And some of my contacts.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i do have online banking and a couple of websites i deal with, but i don't think that i had any kind of links where it was to the password or anything like that..... idk if i should change that stuff too. i already have the virus scan on the computer.... that's a good idea, maybe i should do an extra sweep
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• MINE TOO! My husband asked me why i sent him a link to viagra! hahahaha I changed my password
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i would change ALL your passwords if i were you come to think of it. hubby had me change al of ours for our online banking and credit cards.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I changed my password. Mine was hacked. But I changed my password before I had to see any of the crappy spam.
    THAT is why I never do Online banking ,etc.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010