• In the Spotlight:

What are other good uses for a hair tie (elastic, ponytail holder)?

Cafe MicheleZ

Asked by Cafe MicheleZ at 11:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• If it's a decorative one, like the ones with jewels or designs on it, it would make a fantastic napkin ring :D I've used mine to group together colored pencils, hold up pants after the elastic has gone out...I think they work just as well as rubber bands, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• As silly as this sounds...I used mine to make my regular jeans last a little longer before I had maternity clothes! I put it through the button hole and looped it around the button. It worked great!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have done the same as the above posters, as well as use them to hold some of my cupboards shut against the prying hands of little ones!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I use ponytail holders for tonnnss of things. I also did the pant thing above, but I also use them to hold my towel together when I get out of the shower, hold together prematched outfits for my daughter, grouping mail, holding art supplys...the uses are endless.
    bbennington1

Answer by bbennington1 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The tiny ones for kids........when my twins were newborn, none of their clothes fit right. So we used to put them around the wrists and ankles to keep their long clothes in place.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• omg I was going to say what Krystal did! I used it to go through my buttonhole and around the button on my pants. It worked till I was about 6 months pg!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• hahaha!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one to use it on my pants when I was pregnant! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Use them to get someone's attention. Just stretch and fling. (try not to aim for the eyes)
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I use it to close a bag of chips, my daughter uses them as bracelets (scrawny 2 year old wrists)
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 5:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008