When did you stop sterilising?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never sterilized. It about KILLED my mom...lol. In her day they sterilized anything that would fit in the pot until we were about 5...hahahaha :)

I dont really see why anything needs to be sterilized. Babies are not inhuman, they are not sterile. As long as its well washed and clean, then I dont see why it needs more.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You mean sterilizing bottles?

I never did that with either of my kids. Just washed them out with a bottle brush, soap & water and got a rack for them to dry on.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yup, never sterilized regularly, Just once when I took the bottles out of the box, for daily cleaning I just wash with warm soapy water and a bottle brush, and every once in a while would throw them in the dishwasher. Sterilizing is unnecessary, I read that unless you sterilize then use the bottle within like 20 minutes the sterilization was pointless anyway.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I only sterilize the stuff right after it's bought. After that, I just wash it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I never steralized either with any of my 5 kids.  They are all super healthy and didn't even get their first colds until after they turned 1.  They rarely ever get sick.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010