Why do we enjoy talking with complete strangers so much ?

Making friends over the internet thru communicating with complete strangers seems to be normal on a lot of sights lately. I see so many of us going on to different sights giving and asking for advise from total strangers. Not that we take all of the advise, but I was wondering if anyone else wondered why we do enjoy it so much, and end up making such good friends in the end?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• "Lately" is the wrong term to use. This isn't new and hasn't been new for many, many years. People have been using the internet for friend connection, dating, and other forms of communication since the birth of the internet. And we do it because it's easier then real life. We don't have to face the person, look into their eyes, or ever see them again. They're unbiased opinions with no strings attached. They're people that give fresh outlooks, are nuetral to every situation, and don't judge us based on what they already know about us. Becuase they don't know us. It's easier to communicate to a screen, to a person who is possibly thousands of miles away. Even if they're right next door you can't see them. You can't hear their tone in their voice. It's easier to communicate that way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• IDK..that is weird! lol.. I just feel like I can let loose here because no one really knows me & I know you guys won't blab my stuff to my close friends! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Otherwise I would only have a 2 year old and 4 month old to talk to all day. LOL. =P
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I like the anonymity. It also nice to have somewhere to vent.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• BECAUSE they're strangers. That means less vulnerability. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It simplifies life... Before the whole social networking online began all we had were friends and neighbors and family, now we have the whole world and just think about the advice you can get and how many people can relate... When no one we know has an answer, there's got to be a stranger that does...
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I just like getting opinions from strangers...... someone that does not know me at all....... thank u for all my girfriends I have never met!!!!!!Thank you CM!!!!
    juju0707

Answer by juju0707 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010