Wisdom tooth removal at 39 weeks?

My dentist wants to remove two of my wisdom teeth 4 days before my due date. The dentist assured me that getting them pulled now would be best and due to scheduling the earliest time I could get in is 4 days before I'm due. I'm fine with this (and I also asked to be put on a waiting list for a closer appointment) but I'm worried. Should I just wait until after the baby is born? Thanks.

SapphireMomma

Asked by SapphireMomma at 9:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My goodness, you are soooo close to your due date I would just wait! What if you have them removed and go into labor THAT SAME DAY!

Talk to your OB, but I cant see them wanting you to do this so close to your due date!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would absolutely NOT do it!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would absolutely wait! Wisdom teeth take a lot out of you when they are pulled!!
    JennifernJt56

Answer by JennifernJt56 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No way! It can wait! You will be in pain for weeks maybe with wisdom teeth. I was and pregnancy makes the gums heal SLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    heather_kygirl

Answer by heather_kygirl at 9:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's what I'm thinking but my dentist assured me that the actual procedure won't make me go into labor any earlier. But I can't see nursing a newborn AND the pain of pulled teeth.
    SapphireMomma

Comment by SapphireMomma (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The procedure might not make you go into labor, but what if you are just going into labor naturally and you just had them done. Ewww that would be terrible!!!

Also, I had twilight sleep with mine, can they give you that pregnant? Or would you have just shots or what?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't due that! What about the pain? Or complications? Etc.. If you're not in dire strauts and in pain Etc.. I'd wait. I'm caring about you and your baby right now. Wanting only your comfort. The feeling poorly, nausea, blood Etc.. I wouldn't. But then again.. Listen.. I'm here.. With cancer and I'm miserable.. Somehow my wisdom teeth are acting up and I have no way to pay for removal and here I'm getting pain and my mouth feels misaligned. So I guess I'm not the best person to get advice from, leaving by my experience.. Just wait until your'e well enough after your delivery. Or whatever your OB suggests! Happy Early congrats'! Wishing you a healthy easy delivery. And that perfect Happy Baby!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Are you in pain from the wisdom teeth? If you aren't having much pain, I would so definitely wait!!!! I had to watch all my family members go through getting theirs pulled, and it's not an easy thing. There was a lot of pain involved, and they couldn't eat much. I would also worry about the anesthetic they would use. What if your baby isn't born on the due date? No way would I get my wisdom teeth out now! Good luck to you!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• WAIT! You will need the pain meds after, and I would be nervous taking them while pregnant!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010