Any mom inventors out there? I have invented a safety product for infants and I need some advice on what to do.

gidget485

Asked by gidget485 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm not an inventer...but I'm curious about what you have invented =) Safety products for babies are always good!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm curious about that too! I have 3 baby/child inventions in my head but don't know how execute the idea :)
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• put together a proto-type and make up a plan then either get some investors or get in contact w geber or fisher price or any company u chose that will work with u! make sure u get it patten!
    Britt12-06

Answer by Britt12-06 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Don't post your idea! Make sure you get a patent first. Go to http://www.uspto.gov/ for more info on the patent process.

I can not emphasis this enough. I have friends who have lost major money due to stolen ideas (or intellectual property). It is a horrible thing to watch others get rich off of your great invention. In fact, a movie opened today on this topic called "Flash of Genius". It's the true story of the man who invented the intermittent wiper system. He actually had a patent, but that didn't stop Ford and other companies from using his system without compensating him. He was able to successfully sue the companies for $30 million dollars.

So....patent first!
    TrudyP

Answer by TrudyP at 7:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If you do find a way of getting your idea on the market let me know. I have a awesome idea too. Cheap to make but you don't ever want to be without it!!
    skywatcher1973

Answer by skywatcher1973 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Actually, I have 2 patents already in. I can help you and there are ways for you to let me do that without you worrying about me taking your idea. I would never do that but you don't know me. I have taken classes on doing patents and one of my close friends was a judge consultant on the American Inventor. In fact he was on Dr. Phil the 26 th of Sept.
    Please email me and I think I can help you out.
    Residuals4U

Answer by Residuals4U at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008