What are the best ways to sell unwanted household items & toys? What are some ways to make money to help out with school shopping?

I have a ton of stuff to sell ranging from vtech video games, dr seuss books, scrapping/stamping to everyday household items that I need to sell. Not sure what is the best way to sell all my stuff.

The main reason I want to sell is for the extra money but I also am trying to elimnate our storage unit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• A well advertised yard sale can rake in tons of extra cash. Your other alternative is Craigslist or Ebay, but that is going to require a lot more time and effort and nothing is guaranteed to sell or sell quickly. Check locally and see if any churches or schools are hosting rummage sales....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Craigslist
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ebay!
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 9:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Definitely try Craigslist, Facebook also has a marketplace and you can post on your status that you listed some items, Myspace might have something similar. We have a free classified marketplace online with a radio station near me, so you might want to see if you have anything like that where you live. Good luck momma!

Oh and you can always try Ebay, but of course there are fees
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Craigslist for big or speciality items.
    Ebay if you have the patience for it.
    Yard sale
    Speciality stores often offer trade-ins or cash for video games, sports equipment, used book stores

Donate anything that doesn't sell.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ebay, Craigslist, some groups here on CM, flea markets, newspaper ads. Hold a garage or yard sale. Donate to charity and take the tax deduction.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• There is a site called Bonanzle.com It is free, unless you sell something; as in no charge to list your items in your store. Everything that sells under $100 is a $1 and then fo up from there, I want to say that the highest it goes to is $5 but i can't remember. Check it out! It's pretty awesome. You can do live auctions too!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Garage Sale (best when coordinated with neighbors or a block club)

http://www.craigslist.org/

http://www.ebay.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2010