How would you handle this?

If you and SO invited people to your child's bday party and you don't really care for (two--faced, drama-causing people) them, how would you interract besides being civil? Or is that my only option so that I can have a great celebration for my kid's sake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• It's been my experience that during my children's parties I don't have much time to socialize. So just do your thing, avoid trouble makers and make it a great day for your child. And I advise a little coordination between you and your dh next year when making the list!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Why would you invite them if you don't care for them? Who really needs the drama at a child's birthday party?
    If they had to be there, I'd just either be civil or stay occupied on the other side of the room from them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If you invited them then suck it up and have a good time. Next time don't invite them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would suck it up and invite the people if they were an active part in my child's life.. Like family or something.. It is just one day, and a couple of hours..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't have invited them unless they were immediate family. If they were family I would also be comfortable enough to have a nice talk with them.

Since what's done is done all I can say is ignore their behavior (since I don't know the whole situation or what they're like).
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't care if they ARE family ... if I don't get along with them or like them, they DO NOT get invited to ANYTHING I'm doing, especially something that is supposed to be a fun occasion like your kid's birthday party.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2010