I need fashion advice desperately!!!

Ok...so I am not style savvy...at all! I'm divorced and starting to date again and want to know how to dress to look my best and to impress. I am short, 4'11", have a round face, dark brown hair and am about 65 pounds overweight, but I'm cute and have a pretty face if that matters...LOL!!

What should I wear, what should I avoid, what colors are best, how should I wear my hair and make-up?

I need all the help I can get!! Thanks in advance!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• watch "what not to wear" on TLC that's where I get all my fashion advice haha
    oh, and my friend just told me about a book called "how not to look fat"... it gives all kinds of advice about how to flatter your figure and avoid things that add bulk. I want to buy it, she said she found it on amazon
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• you've just described me! my fave places to shop are alloy.com and maurices if that helps. as far as colors i wouldn't stay away from those, just stay away from horizontal patterns and halters and stuff that is just going to make you look shorter.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Avoid capris....they're just make you look shorter. Try a pant w/ a flair or wide leg to balance you out w/ a wedge shoe to add length. Wear tops w/ an empire waist to add shape and flatter you figure. I'm not sure what you skin tone is, but red, green, and jewel tones usually look good w/ darker hair. Tailored suits always look good on anybody...you can wear them w/ a lacy top w/ fun accessories...you can def make dress them up or down depending on the occasion. Of course a great pair of jeans does anybody justice. I would avoid t shirts...try fun tops, tanks, etc....they always make make jeans look more played up than just a regular t shirt. I'm pretty sure you'll look amazing! ALWAYS wear confidence...that's the most important thing.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It depends on where you carry your weight. I'm also short, 5'2" & overweight, I carry my weight in the tummy. I'm also very large busted-not by choice, my legs & arms are thin. I pick things with princess seams, & "shaped" tops that won't hang like a tent, but will curve off my bust & skim my hips. Though I'm short, I prefer tops that are long enough to cover the bottom of my belly, even when I lift my arms over my head, & I wear a lot of leggings (even denim ones that don't really look like leggings) because my tummy is several sizes larger than my legs, & regular pants don't hang right on me right now. I've found that with the extra weight the new maxi dresses just make me look short and stubby, so skirts that are just above the knee work best for me. Also try "Myshape.com" you put in your measurements, & they pull up clothes that will look best on your shape. I just did it, & they suggested clothes like what I wear.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm no good at offering advice...but I think it's great that you are taking care of you!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i am the complete opposite of you i am very tall and about that much over weight i HATE it i can't help you i wear black alot i like to hide some good luck....
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 12:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010