What do you know about pure honey & their benefits?

I have Cancer. I've had Chemo for 4 months. So my immune system is down. My DD has honey bees. She gave me some pure honey. Do you know if its good for me? Or could it cause some "issues? I'd love to know your thougths. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• I know it has antibacterial properties. you'd need to check with your oncologist on this one.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have no idea, but I do know that eating local honey can help reduce your outdoor allergies.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I say your oncologist is the only one that matters at this point. I would not take the advice of non medical personel if you have immune issues
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Cook fresh Asparagus, puree it and drink at least a 1/4 cup of it a day. Google this to, to see the benifits of ridding your body of cancer using asparagus.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Linda, I agree you should check with your Dr. If you suffer allergies from honey that could pose a problem. On the flip side, it may enhance the flavor of food and help your appetite.
    My father used to eat bee pollen daily because it is supposed to help with allergies. He started breaking out all over in a horribly rash with hives. It turned out to be poison oak. It was in the bottle of bee pollen he purchased.
    You have to be very careful with things other people recommend. They mean well but the outcome may not be what you intended.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 1:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010