Mothers taking the rights away from the dad before the child is even born..

for example,I always hear the excuse I am carrying the baby so its my choice what we name it... Without that man swimmers you wouldn't have kids at all. Some women wonder why there dad's aren't close with the kids and it is because during pregnancy women push there spouse away. Honestly your husband the right to know what is going on with his growing fetus and should have the right to know what your having even if your don't want him too. I can't stand women who have to be in control of everything.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 10:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree 100% Women like that give us all a bad name.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ok.i agree...so what is your question?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Would you take your husband right away because your carrying the child?
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My and my husband takes turns naming the child unless the other one really hates the name. We both know everything about the baby and make decisions together.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is kinda like the women that think just because they are mom they are entitled to custody when the relationship doesn't work out.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't. I hate women that think just because they are the ones pregnant, they have control of everything! It is that man's child too! I also hate women that think that just because they had a child with the man, that the man automatically owes them an arm and a leg in child support. You helped make that child. It's 50/50. He is responsible for half of the child's bills.. You are responsible for the other half.

I have a female friend that thinks her baby's father should pay 100 percent of her rent and light bill just because they have a child together, UMMM.. no! Get a job low life, lol!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with you, sadly I think some of the women that do this have some type of mental issue! I wouldn't take my husband right away. Goodness if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to stay home and care for my children..
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Compromise is the key. But as for him going behind her back to try to get gender information out of the doctor, that is wrong. He could be an adult, go to the ultrasound and the doctor could quietly tell him where the mother wouldn't hear. Unless there is some kind of issue like drug addiction or alcoholism to point to, neither side needs to say it's solely their child and cut the other one out. The post you're referring to though is a little ridiculous on the father's part with him threatening to call the doctor and get what he wants. Doctor's offices don't work that way and if he is that interested in his child's gender, he can take an hour and show up at the appointment.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Some fathers work to provide for the mothers needs and for the chidlren correct? If a father can't make it and has to work what is wrong with him calling to get the info. It is selfish on the mothers part for not letting him find out if he wants to know. It s childish on the mothers part for not wanting him to find out and for him to wait even though he doesn't want too.

I didn't want to know and my hubby did so the tech put it on the ultrasound and I gave it to my hubby so he will know.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010