Unbelievable...

So my friend stayed the night at my house last night. I have a 15 month old son. My son get's night terror's at least once a night and last night it was 3 times. So I got up with him 3 times then after that I put him in bed with me so I could get some sleep since I have to work today. So she wakes up and was like, "I'm so tired because your son was screaming all night long." She is telling the people at work that my son was up screaming all night and she is so tired. Not one person at my work has a child at all, I'm the only one. They were all saying well if I was his parent I would have done this or that. I walked up and said, "wait until you have one, you say that now but just wait." It's irritating... I did her a favor by letting her stay at my house with my family cause her hubby was out of town. She did say she doesn't know how I function everyday. I said my body is use to it. What should I say to her??

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 10:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore her and all the co-workers. You did the right thing with your son. They will never understand until they have kids and really won't unless their kid has up to 3 night terrors a night. This may be one thing you have to just let it go and deal....they wont get it until they've been there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• maybe I'm missing something... but do you honestly expect someone that can't even stay in their own home alone is not going to be a whiny bitch about missing a little bit of sleep?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would explain that he has night terrors, which are uncontrollable, and as a parent, you just learn to deal.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Mass email containing a link defining night terrors. Explain to them that these aren't just temper tantrums because he's not getting his own way and tell them to mind their own business and quit being so judgemental.

Sorry you're going through this. If you have personal or sick time, I'd take the rest of the day off.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Go home
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sorry I ran out of room... lol... my boss and co-worker keep coming up to me saying that I need to let him scream all night. Here is the thing I know my son and you can let him scream 4 hours straight and he will keep going and never fall asleep. My friend was like the first time your son woke up you got up with him really fast. I told her (which is none of her buisness) that normally I go in lay him back down and within 5 minutes he is asleep again. I just think it's rude. I don't want to hear everyone's mouth. I know my son I know he has night terror's I'm doing the best I can.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I want to go home so bad.... I'm not in the mood at all LOL
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That is pretty immature of them to be sticking their nose so far into your business. I would tell your co-worker that it would be best for her to stay with another friend while her husband is gone. Why can't she stay at her own house? She would definitely not be welcome to stay the night at my house after putting me through hell for the day.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• LOL coder chick...true, she doesn't stay at her house cause it's in a scary neighborhood and she doesn't feel safe.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe print out info about night terrors and distribute them around the office. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2010