How do I convince my SO or should I just do it?!?!

I want a Teacup Yorkie and my SO doesn't like the idea to much.... My kids will all be in school next year and he won't let me have a baby so I thought mabey since I will be lonely at home all Fay a pup would make me not so sad. I have had Chihuahuas in the past btw. One passed away and the other was stolen.... I even told SO I'd quit smoking for a puppy he never responded, should I just get one anyway or do u have an idea to convince him?!?!

CokietheClown

Asked by CokietheClown at 11:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Stop smoking first then go get yourself a puppy as a reward for quiting a bad habit.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No that is a very very (no offense) but DUMB decision!! If you are bored at home, not to sound mean, but why not find a job or hobby to occupy your time?? You could volunteer at an animal shelter or something of the sort of you love animals so much but SO doesn't want the commitment.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is a pet. And like Sara said a commitment. It should not be just because your bored for now. What happens if you happen to get pregnant again? That would be unfair to the pet. You should get a dog because you want one. And for goodness sake do not go get one just because you want to prove to your husband that can do something without his permission. That's opening up a whole other can of worms!
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No, never go behind your SO's back. That will only give you more trouble then you need.
    How about you get a PT job, find a hobby, or start a book club or something. There are a lot more things that could make you happy then a dog.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• not if you actually live in the same house! don't go behind they're back...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it seems silly to fight about a dog, but people do it, and it can come between you/dh. its a bone (pun intended) of contention when one is for it, and the other against. why have the power struggle? if you've already had this discussion, and he hasn't changed his mind, you should probably look for other ways to spend your lonely hours. another 'person' in the household is not welcomed by everyone in your house..its pretty selfish, IMO, to get a dog anyway, just because you can..when you know its gonna piss-off your dh.
    join a gym, take up needlework, become a spy! or piss-off your dh and deal with the consequences.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The thing is he's never home cuz of work too. I've always cared for the pets and don't even know why he would care he'd never even see it half the time! He didn't want our Chihuahuas but he loved them and always held them. He loves pups idk why he's being so grumpy about it now.
    CokietheClown

Comment by CokietheClown (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Just curious as to why I have 2 down votes when everyone is saying no? I really do want to know the reasoning to those that disagree.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No, going behind your husband's back is never a good idea. You'll cause problems in your relationship. If you're lonely, why not try to make some new human friends either here on CM or by joining a local club, group or a gym?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• he won't let you have a baby? he won't let you have a dog? you want to bribe him into it? you're considering going behind his back and doing it anyway? are you 12????
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010