How can I get my 6 month old to not bite me

I fully understand that hes teething and chews on everything but he bites when hes mad etc: i put him down he will crawl over and bite me

jeter4u2

Asked by jeter4u2 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son still does that and hes 14 months old but hes starting to stop now. i bit him back not that long ago and since he started doing it when he was your sons age, ive always been saying "no bite mama". your son is too young though, you have to wait until he understands what no means, but start saying it now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i do say it and he laughs but ill just keep saying it until he understands. thanks :-)
    jeter4u2

Comment by jeter4u2 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Stop him BEFORE he bites. encourage other forms of comunication to be picked up like raising arms. when you sayb "ouch no bite" be boring with a firm tone, don't get excited -- that makes it a game. the show nice touch or say "up?" and hold out your arms and wait a bit to see if he will raise his.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Try putting him in his swing or in his play pen when he does it the next time .You have to be very careful if you bite him back.thats enough for someone to cause you unnecessary trouble.Be firm when you tell him NO.He sounds like he's older than 6 months.& make sure he's got a teething ring in his play pen.I hope this helps you.Good luck!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010