What would you do?

On the news yesterday they were talking about a 17 yr who spiked her moms drink with Lysol because she was mad at her. She was arrested and the mom filed a protective order againts her. She'll be homeless when she post bail.

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• she basically tried to kill her mom- that's pretty scary!! if she can post bail, maybe a family member will take her in
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ummm, she should be committed, not released back into society, NORMAL 17 year olds don't behave this way. That's the problem with the system, "hey, this person tried to kill someone, but as long as they can post bail they can just go back out onto the streets......." Hopefully that isn't the case here.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• well unless she is somehow delayed developementally or mentally ill, she tried to kill her mom. i would have done what her mother did. till this girl gets help and gets her head on right the mom has ever right to protect herself
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would have done the same as the mom did.
    I don't care who it is, if someone tries to kill me, I'm not posting their bail and letting them back into my home.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• WOW!

Her Mom filed against her? She shouldn't have had too..the police or judge should have taken care of that

What is her bail?? what are the charges? attempted murder or assault??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If she was trying to kill her than she should be out on the streets!!

Seventeen is old enough to know from right and wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Not knowing the specific laws in the state where this happened, I would try to have her locked up in an institution where she might be able to get the mental help she obviously needs. At least until she was legally able to decide to check herself out.  Problem with being in jail is that if she is able to post bond (friends or other parent or whatnot) then she is a liability and her mother is still responsible for her care, whether it is in her house or not.  If she is locked up at least she doesn't have access to her mom.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Boo hoo. I'm sure she will find some friend to mooch off of. Would you want to live with a child who tried to make you sick or even kill you?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• At 17 she's still mine and she wouldn't be getting out. I'd have her committed
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The bail is $500. She was charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct.
    Cassandre

Comment by Cassandre (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010