Something has to be done: ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL

Someone posted this as an answer to a question - I thought it was so true I had to repost it:

Personally I have no problems with immigrants.... it's when they are ILLEGAL I have an issue. Why do we, legal citizens, have to obey all the laws but ILLEGAL immigrants don't have to follow immigration laws?? Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick an choose the laws we want to obey as well??

Why is it OK to look the other way when illegal immigrants disobey the law, but it's OK to nail little old ladies for making minor mistakes on their taxes?? If you are knowingly breaking the law shouldn't there be consequences?? Why can’t they be required to obey our laws just like everyone else – why are they above the law??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Agree! This is the point we have been trying to make. People just keep on talking about this being a nation of immigrants. Who cares? We have these little things called LAWS. If the citizens have to follow them or pay the consequences, so must the law breakers. We have proper channels to follow now and if you don't follow them, you're breaking the laws. They know when they cross that border that they are breaking our laws.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• strongly agree'd
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Very good point. I agree.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I very strongly agree. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe if it were easier for them to become legal then we wouldn't even have the problem.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• This is not some "silly" law. There isn't a country out there who doesn't have a similar law(they enforce it too) do believe Obama and this administration for the most part love that this law is being broken. I think it's just not something they really want to deal with and they would love to somehow get all of those people to be voting Americans. This law will go into effect and the police will be allowed to ask for the papers of those arrested as always. The part she blocked says police MUST ask for document if deemed necessary. So they are not going to be required to ask but they can still ask just as the federal law says they can.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• btw - Arizona's got it right... they just want to do what the Federal government is refusing to do... enforce the laws.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• DITTO OP. most illegal immigrants do not LEGALLY PAY TAXES. they use STOLEN SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS and screw people's entir4es lives over.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I could go on for DAYS, and no one can sway me with their boohoo PC BS. Illegals are of no benefit to this country...they drain our economy, raise crime statistics, and burden our society. Let American citizens do all that nonsense...@ some point they've @ least paid taxes!
    -Ok, I'm done.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 6:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010