Need ideas for my essay.

okay so in college I somehow ended up picking the hardest topic for my final in class. So I have to write a 7-9 page informative essay and the topic is "Alternative vs. Conventional Medicine" My question is, if you were picking up an essay to read on this topic, or if you were in a lecture covering this topic, What would you hope to learn about?

vampiremommy1

Asked by vampiremommy1 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• examples of the medicines, where they originated from, statistics on how well they work, percentage of people who use each, what kind of people typically use one or the other
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is a pretty broad subject. It might have been better to have picked some aspect of it. PURPULbutterfly covers all I can think of. I guess also advantages and disadvantages.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes it is a very broad topic, however I was only able to choose from a list a pre-selected topics. Mostly everybody in the class is doing childhood obesity so I didn't want to pick that one and the only other one that I was interested in was "providing healthcare to illegal immigrants" and while this is a decent subject I am a huge debater and feel strongly about my views in that area and I knew I would not be able to write both sides of facts. The topic that I chose is good for me because I believe that you benefit best from using a combination of alternative and conventional medicine so I can relate to both in my essay and easily inform my readers of both side without leaning towards a favorite. However I am stumped for what to write about because of it being such a wide subject.
    vampiremommy1

Comment by vampiremommy1 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How often does conventional medicine really work ? Comparatively to Alternative medicine.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You could use cancer as the main focus. Many start with conventional and will move to alternative for many reason. I am sure lots of info on the web.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010