How do I house train my dog...again?

We got a dog reently that was aleady house trained....she's 4yrs old. In the past few weeks, she has stopped wanting to go outside. I'll walk her all around the yard, or even tether her out there while we're outside. She won't go out there... She will wait until we get inside then go when my back is turned. It's pissing me off! How do I retrain my dog to go outside?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 11:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pets

• has theere been any other new additions to the house? another new pet or child or something? sometimes animals act out like this out of doggy jealousy and needing more attention. but other times it is cause there is a physical issue. i would say a vet visit is in order if you cannot get the dog to stop inthe next couple days.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No new additions, accept that she came to me from my MIL. But my MIL ives next door, so the dog gets to see her every day.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• take him into MIL's yard to potty. Then praise & reward him. Slowly work your way towards your property.

I had a lab once that would only potty in our yard. If we took her some place for the day, she would hold her bladder until we got home.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010