graco hung up on her!

graco hung up on my friend when she called highly upset when her 10 month old fell out of the crib cause it broke and caused her small child to have a concision, they hung up on her twice when she refused their fix it kit! here is the picture.. needless to say she is sueing and made me ban GRACO !
Photobucket

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 11:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is a dropside that failed. This is why they are going to stop making drop side cribs. With my crib I made sure that the crop side was 100% engaged and turned that side to face the wall so that it won't get messed with. I encourage everyone to do the same!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Good luck... The burden of proof is going to be on her and that will be hard to prove.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• oh im sure but she got a lawyer and all that as well.. i hope she wins.. either way it was so wrong... it was enough for me to say FU graco!
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• They offered her a fix it kit, and that's probably all they're required to do. I don't think she'll get very far suing a big company like Graco.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• actually they never did.. she registered her crib even and never got any notice of any recall on it, that is what really upset her
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• but i figure it don't hurt to sue them.. why should they get away with it, i figure if we sat back did nothing and her baby is still in the hospital mind you from this.. then they get away with it, can't sit back and not try to do something in my eyes
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Omg how did the wood just snap in half like that? I have never heard of this happening before and I have been using Graco products for almost 8 years. The fix-it kit is the only thing that they can offer. I had a baby gate that the hinch just stopped working in the middle of nowhere one day by another brand and they wouldn't allow me to return it nor replace it... they could only send me a kit. Good luck to your friend, but like many others say, it'll be very hard to prove that it just "broke" like that without something happening to it physically. I hope the baby is okay though. That's crazy.
    RealHousewifeOH

Answer by RealHousewifeOH at 11:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• She better get a good lawyer. I'm sure Graco has some pretty good ones.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• oh im sure they do, and she does, but i mean even if she lost its still better then sitting back and taking it up the butt from a big company just cause they are a big company figure they can't scare us into not taking action against wrong doing
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Based on the photo, I find it VERY hard to believe that the frame simply snapped, especially under the weight of a 10 month old baby, without having been previously compromised. Sorry, that doesn't just happen- If it was damaged while being assembled, that would explain it, but then, it wouldn't be the company's fault.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2010