This is just kind of strange...

I am friends with my SO's family on Facebook, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters. My SO has a girl in his phone whom he has always told me is his cousin. I don't think he has ever called her, he just has her number. But if this was her cousin wouldn't she be friends with someone from the family on Facebook? She isn't... it just seems strange. She also has the same first name as one of his ex's, he just says that they are pronounced differently. Am I over thinking this, or do you think this is something I should look into? I've tried talking to my SO and he just always says it's his cousin and theres nothing to worry about...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• if you have reason to distrust i would certainlyu distrust this. however if your SO has never given you reason to doubt him and you have a trusting relationship i would let it go and stop worrying at it mentally. you might be asking for issues you dont need to have. even if it is his ex. let it go. honest. he is with YOU now.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sounds weird to me.. I would be suspicious
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it at this point. He hasn't called her. I certainly wouldn't bring it up with him again.

Answer by Bmat at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You could just ask his parents about the cousin. Just say hey I was wondering how so so was doing. See if they say anything about her. You could just say you saw her number and was wondering how she is doing! But I take it you have never met this cousin?
    Really, if my man had a number to a girl that he says is his cousin whom he never talks to I would wonder why does he even have her number on his phone?
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If this person is his cousin then ask him who is she related to to make her be his cousin. Tell him if the number belongs to someone thats not his cousin thats its ok that it wont bother you if shes not his cousin that you just want to know the truth..

If its really his cousin he wont mind you taking his phone and calling her..BECAUSE ITS HIS COUSIN *wink* *wink*
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Are you friends with her, too? If you are take a look at her wall and info tab. You should be able to figure it out from the clues there. If you're not, try sending her an invite with a message saying that since she's your hubby's cousin you wanted to get to know her better then see what happens.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Hmmm, does sound a bit odd, I would keep my eyes open and maybe ask a relative that would not take offense if you asked. Maybe bring it up non-chalantly, like ask where she lives cuz you were thinking of having a get together and might want to invite her or something like that.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it most likely is his ex and he just didn't want to tell you that. but if he doesn't call her than i wouldn't worry about it.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• in the past when faced with similar situations i have done the following - not necessarily the most mature/best answer, but it worked for me: called the girl (block the number of course) and say hi is this XYZ's cousin? i'm throwing a surprise party for him and i'm not sure if i have the right person - i know he had an ex with this first name too... - you'd be surprised how willing people are to talk; ask one of his family members or friends you trust; delete the number off the phone and say nothing...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010