• In the Spotlight:

What do you think of Obama going on The View?

Personally, when I voted for President Obama, I expected a lot more. He promised he would decrease war spending and bring our troops home. He promised to resolve immigration issues and most importantly in my mind, he promised to bring women's issues to the forefront and make them important. True, his new heath care bill no longer allows insurance companies to charge women more than men or to deny coverage to a victim of domestic violence, but there are still lots of companies who don't cover all forms of birth control and abortion is still illegal in some states. How can he think an appearance on The View will change my feelings about all his failed promises? In my opinion it was a colossal waste of time he could've spent addressing this nation's problems and his short comings as a president.

Miss_cecilia

Asked by Miss_cecilia at 11:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's great for the people who don't watch the other channels, the evil FOX and MSNBC! LOL

Why shouldn't they get the chance to see him too?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Which failed promises are you referring too?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• LOL I saw a clip where he was saying he wasn't bothered by what was going on with his poll numbers and then went on to boo hoo for th Americans he felt so badly for because of their situations. (BARF)

It's a photo op and he wants everyone to love him again.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• do you think he will go on jerry springer next?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• LOL I saw a clip where he was saying he wasn't bothered by what was going on with his poll numbers and then went on to boo hoo for th Americans he felt so badly for because of their situations. (BARF) It's a photo op and he wants everyone to love him again.

Worked, you watchedit and its not even over yet! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am sure their audience is eating it up. I don't care for The View myself and I don't waste my time watching it no matter who is on as a guest. I don't have a feeling one way or another about this appearance though.

IMHO, the more time he spends pandering to crowds on talk shows, the less time he is out appropriating spending where we can't afford it and where it isn't necessary. So bring on the talk circuit!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• IMHO, the more time he spends pandering to crowds on talk shows, the less time he is out appropriating spending where we can't afford it and where it isn't necessary. So bring on the talk circuit!

Sadly, with all his Marxist friends in cabinet positions etc.. he can do both.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think this is a petty argument. But i guess some will grab anything they can to try & make him look bad. I don't see anything wrong with trying to reach out to Americans. November is a big election month & it's probably a good idea for him to get out there & get his word out. A lot of people watched it, so why was it a waste of time? I don't think his 45 min. or less on the show was time wasted.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with trying to reach out to Americans.

LOL..you didnt read the Q from a few days ago?? Apparently viewers of the View and "bored" housewives who  have no business getting the oppurtunity to see their President and hear him answer questions...I mean they ARE JUST BORED HOUSEWIVES,,,,,,at least according to some here on CM : )

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sweet, it was taped yesterday. I'm sure the WH leaked that sweet sentimental part so people would watch LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010