I hate my husbands best friend

So my husband and i have been married for the past 4 years. I recently just met his high school friend in december. Well, this kid is something else. Hes 25 and feels he needs to lie about every single thing.my husband has cought him in stupid lies before.
A couple weeks ago my husband was over by his "new job" that was suppose to be this 6 figure job..well my husband goes in and asks for him, come to find out no one by that name has EVER worked there. So my husband called him not letting him know what he had just found out, well this kid continued to tell him that "he just got a big promotion at work he was there now and had to stay late" my husband doubled checked where he worked , he was in the right place my husband drove by his house and his friends truck was sitting in the drive way.

I cant stand him, if he goes a week with out seeing my husband he throws a fit He makes mean and rude remarks to hubs. what do i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• ask your husabdn to respect your home and not have this person there at all. you can just avoid and not have anything to do with him. its your hubby's friend to deal with. i would say cut out of the situation and ask hubby to not bring him over at all.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't get why your DH hangs out with him.

So it's hard for me to tell you what to do when it's him I want to tell what to do. : P

Have you two talked about how ridiculous this guy is? Does your husband get it?

Needy clingy "friends" don't usually last too long.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sounds ot me like your husband needs to learn to let go. This guy is obviously a totally a$$hat.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• you should talk to your husband about it,& tell him that why does he want a friend like that?
    & he really does need to let him go
    lovely163

Answer by lovely163 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My husband has a friend just like it and i keep telling him that all his friend does is lie to everyone and treat them bad. My husband excuse is "hes done this all through high school and he is cool to hang out with"
    I tried everything even threatening to start hanging out with a person he didnt like and it didnt work.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 11:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Wow that "friend" sounds like a real piece of work! If it were me I would ask hubs "why do you like this guy- - he lies all the time about everything. Why do you want to be around someone like that?" I would let hubs know that I can't stand his friend, and I don't trust a word friend says as he has been caught in so many lies. I would also ask that if hubs wants to hang with this person then it will be without me and this person will not be allowed at my home. I would also put limits on when he can see the friend , and I would not hesitate to answer the phone and tell the guy "sorry but hubs is busy right now. Call back some other time". (hmmmm maybe put a call blocker on the phone and block the guy's number?)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010