Toddler bed?

At what age did you move your children to a toddler bed?

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I moved my kids to toddler beds when they managed to get out of the cribs by themselves. Didn't want them falling and getting hurt trying to climb out.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I moved my kids after their 1st bday. About 13 or 14 months.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We moved our son when he was two, however, I think it was a huge waste of money. They're going to need a twin bed eventually anyway so why not just move them right into the twin bed with one of those guards you can buy seperately?
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We never used one. My daughter went into a twin bed when she was about 16months and did fine
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• when they can climb out and fall over the top. LOL when my son turned in to monkey boy we converted to a toddler bed. he was about 14 months?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• when he learned how to climb out of the crib i knew it was time.
    For Landon it was around 20 months
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with EwansMommy. We tried moving our son into a toddler bed when he was about 2 yeard old, which was nice cause it fit in our room where his crib had been. But he only used it for about 6 months before he started getting too big to move around in it. He tosses and turns a lot at night and he would hit his arms, legs or head on the sides of the bed.
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 11:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You know what? I think I was wrong. I think he was closer to 18 months when we moved him. None the less, I highly recommend just going straight to the twin bed.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies. My son is 14 months and has learned to climb over too. I would go straight to a twin but we had 2 toddler beds given to us for free so might as well use them, right? We have a car bed frame for a twin size bed too just gotta get the box spring and mattress.
    maddoxsmama

Comment by maddoxsmama (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I moved them when they could get out of the crib on their own but I didn't use a toddler bed. Toddler beds seem like a waste of money when twin bed works just as well. Just my opinion.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010