Potty training?

If you use a potty chair, do you keep it in the bathroom and make your LO only go in there, or do you make it available wherever?

Just trying to determine what would be the better course of action to take.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I tried it in the bathroom and he would refuse to go in there, because daycare kept hers out in the open. We moved it into the living room, and he is doing great now! No accidents in 2 weeks. But he will now also go on the big potty in the bathroom. My son was afraid he would miss something if it was in a seperate room.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I only used mine in the bathroom.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We always left ours in the bathroom. I had a friend who would let her son bring it in the living room and he would sit on it to watch tv. Cute, until the potty wasn't available. He refused to sit on it in the boring old bathroom and would use the potty on the floor in the living room.
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 11:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• with my first DD I bought one and she wouldn't use it. I had it in the bathroom only because it was one floor and wasn't that far to go if I needed to get it lol. I did bring it in the livingroom a few times. With my youngest I said I wasn't going to buy one because of the fact that my first wouldn't use it. But I decided to buy it when my DD kept pooping down stairs lol. Didn't really do much good though lol. Cause she would put the lid down go sit on it and poop on the top of it lol......."sigh" well at least she tried I guess lol. Then I had to put it at the breakfast table a few times because if she had a pull up on nothing happened, but every single time she had undies on she would seem to poop in her high chair lol. So I would put her at the table with it a fewtimes and that is achually how I got her to start pooping in the potty.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2010