How do YOU organize your favorite recipes?

Do you have a recipe box? Do you bookmark your cookbooks? Do you use online tools? What method(s) do you use to keep your recipes organized?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I took a binder and print off my favorite recipes and placed them in the binder in catergories.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a little homemade box that I keep them in....with dividers and all....I have them labeled side dishes, main meals, desserts, drinks, and for the summer grilling fun......
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Two methods. I have an index card box and index cards plus recipes I pull out of magazines that I stick in there. I try to keep it organized. I also have a binder with sheet protectors that I have recently started using. I put my recipe in there and can take it out without worrying that the paper will get messed up.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I used to use my recipe box, but I hardly ever get it out anymore. I've been storing my recipes in My Documents on my computer. So far I have a folder for recipes and dinners, and one for recipes- desserts. I've also been organizing them according to main ingredient- such as chicken crockpot, chicken casserole, chicken soup, chicken Mexican, Chicken pot pie, like that.

Answer by Bmat at 11:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a HUGE collection of recipes in my Recipezaar (now www.food.com) favorite recipe book. I also have printed off my favorite recipes from there and other sites and put the pages in clear page protectors that are organized by category in 3 binders: one for main dishes, one for desserts, and one for breads. I also have 2 recipe boxes, one for desserts and one for everything else, for recipes that I get from magazines, family, etc.

I'm working on getting our family favorites and most used recipes onto my BLOG to share with anyone else. If I can't find the recipe in one of the books, I KNOW it's on my blog!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I stick post-it notes in my cookbooks as bookmarks for the recipes I really like.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I keep them all in my head! I don't really use recipes... I'm more of a do my best to remember and wing it kind of girl.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Online. I don't use too many actual recipes. I do have a recipe box but it's empty yet :o(. I want to use it for my true favorites that come from other people, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a yahoo email account that I use to store my recipes. I started categorizing them, then realized that was silly, because I can search by ingredient.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010