Anybody bought their daughter an Easy Bake oven?

Im thinking of buying my dd an Easy Bake oven for her birthday, but I was wondering how they've changed since we were kids and if it something that gets used often???

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 11:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughters got one last year for Christmas.. they are 5 & 3.. it doesn't get used much because it gets kinda messy and it takes awhile to prepare things.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My daughter has been asking for one for two years now. She's 5. We plan to get on for her this christmas even though the box says ages 8 and up.
    I got one for my sister two years ago (it was one of those quick, "hey I want this" but by the time she actually opened it the need had passed). She was 7 at the time. She only used it two or three times then broke it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had one, and then my mom got my little sister one.. and they seemed the same. You still cook with a light bulb, lol.. I never really used mine after the first couple of time, and neither did my little sister. The food doesn't taste that great, lol!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• we used ours for awhile but theya re so slow when they cook a toaster oven is a better Idea they can cook more my kids love to cook and the timer turns it off so it would get left on
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How about instead if you get her small pans and let her make a full sized recipe and cook part of it in the little pans? You would have to put things in and out of your oven, of course, but she could measure and mix, and spoon the stuff into her own little pans. I know they have small loaf pans, they used to have little tart pans, mini-muffin tins...

Answer by Bmat at 12:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010